International Research Community Activities
I am very active in the HCI, SE and HCI-AI research communities and participate in the meetings organized to shape the future directions of my research areas. I review approximately 50 research papers each year. Also, I am an organizing member of approximately >5 conferences each year. I am a member of the editorial board for Journal of Computer Language, Vice Chair as well as member of the steering committee for the IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human-Centric Computing, Board Member for International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Human-Computer Interaction and International Conference on Applications of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. I have served as session chair and program committee member for major conferences (e.g., CHI, UIST, VL/HCC, ICSE, FSE, ASE). I have presented my research at top-tier conferences and was invited to give talks.
- TU Chapter Faculty Advisor, Society of Women Engineers (2016 to Present).
- TU Chapter Faculty Advisor, National Center for Women and Information Technology (2017 to Present).
- Faculty Advisor, University of Tulsa Young Professionals (2016 to 2019).
- Judge, Annual Research Colloquium (2018 and 2019).
- Judge, Oklahoma Young Entrepreneur Award (2017 and 2018).
- Vice President of Outreach, Tulsa/North-Eastern Oklahoma Society of Women Engineers (2019 to Present).
- Vice President of Professional Development, Tulsa/North-Eastern Oklahoma Society of Women Engineers (2021).
- Volunteer at Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day (2021).
- Volunteer at Clarehouse Hospice (2016 to Present).
- Volunteer at Neighbors Along the Line – STEM Summit (2018).
- Mentor at Oklahoma Women in Tech (2017 to Present).
- Presenter on STEM career opportunities at Tulsa-Area K-12 Schools (2017 to Present).
- End-Users Shaping Effective Software (EUSES)
- Exploratory Programming (Exploratory Programming research group)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT)
- University of Tulsa Young Professionals (TUYP)
- Oklahoma Women in Information Technology (OKWIT)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)